Sneak Peek of My Bedroom Make-over and My Thrift Find of the Month...

by - September 30, 2013


Hi guys, as you know I worked on my bedroom all weekend...Sigh.  I did so much cleaning, organizing, dusting that my allergies are going crazy...Can't believe I was living in a dust bowl...I'm on the 11th floor...where does the dust come from?  UGH...anyway...

 I woke up early saturday and was one of the first people in the fabric store...I have lots of projects running around my head...and I couldn't wait to get started...like, cushion covers for the throw pillows on my bed...I'm going for a global glam feel...this is a sample of what I bought...the room needs major gold accents...anything brass, glass or shinny...and I'm in love with this color blue...go figure.

As for the thrifty find of the month...tada!
I searched and searched all over the internet for the perfect (priced) arm chair...nothing...I hit up HomeGoods, Marshalls and TJMaxx...nothing.  Sigh.  Why do I even try?
...On the way home from Marshalls, I stopped in the Salvation Army...and what did I find? 

This chair...It was early in the morning and the donation truck was unloading in the parking lot...that's always a good sign...I was anxious to see what was coming in...and low and behold this little chair came off the truck.  Smile.  I made a beeline to the manager and asked her to price it right away...not something they normally do...but, they know me...so she priced it...wait for it....$32.00!  Boom.
Many of you may know it from the IKEA 2011, 2012 catalog.
It's the Lillberg chair...it's adjustable...and it rocks...really, it rocks.  
This is why I thrift...I was going to spend $200 bucks on a new pretty chair...but, the universe had other plans.  I can't wait to cover those cushions...smile.


Oh yeah...this is one of the tables I scored while thrifting last week.  I will sell them in my Etsy shop when I'm done working on this room.



Here's a sneak peek of how the room is coming together...no easy feat.
More information on the details when I'm done...probably another week.  Stay tuned.


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. No way! Is that last picture the room? Its truly amazing what paint can do. Its a whole different feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Armanda,
      Yes...that is my room...Can you believe it? You saw it before...now I can't stop walking in and out...taking it all in...still have a few things to do...but, I'm really feeling it..

      Delete

Live the life you dream about...I dare you.

Follow Me On Instagram