Finally, something worth watching on t.v.

by - October 12, 2009

Show: Daddy's Girls

Why I Watch: Good girls, fashion, fabulosity and they luv and respect their parents...What's not to luv?...Plus, they grew up in our neighborhood and that makes them real to Mini...I like the girls style, they're cute, hard working, smart, independent, friendly and they listen to their parents...Everything I want Mini to see...When we watch it Mini gets to see what life could be like if she works hard and listens to her parents...fun will come...

When: Not sure, we watch it on MTV on demand.

Show: Lincoln Heights


Why I Watch: Not your typical Boyz-N-Da-Hood type drama...actually, the only black drama currently on t.v. It's family friendly...deals with timely topics and allows me to have meaningful conversations with Mini without either of us feeling awkward. I like that the show portrays the black family in tacked and loving, not dysfunctional...and even though Mini can't see that at home, I want her to know that it does exist even if it is just a television show.


When: Monday at 8:00 p.m. on ABC Family Channel




Show: Brick City




Why I Watch: It's real. A documentary about Newark, New Jersey, it's citizens and it's new, young mayor, Corey Booker. Watch them struggle to take back their city, one episode at a time...Mini and I can't stop watching...just watching it makes you want to get involved and do something...it's directed by Forrest Whitaker...




When: Not sure, we watch it on demand on the Sundance Channel






Show: Man Shops Globe


Why I watch: I get to watch the buyer for my favorite store, ANTHROPOLOGIE travel the globe and shop. Nice work if you can get it...


When: Wed. at 10:00 p.m. - Sundance Channel



Show: Cougar Town
Why I watch: To get a laugh while watching a single mom get back in the dating game...which sometimes means dating younger men...who doesn't want to see that.

When: Wed. at 9:30 p.m. on ABC



Show: Flash Forward
Why I watch: Imagine the entire world blacks out for 2.17 minutes and when you wake up you know what your future holds...the good the bad and the ugly...Very diverse cast, Courtney Vance and Gabrielle Union. Plus, it comes on at 8:00, a perfect time to watch a show with Mini.

When: Thursday at 8:00 p.m. on ABC



Show: The Modern Family
Why I watch: Funny, funny, funny family situations... grandpa's re-married to a hot Latino, the dad in the "traditional" family thinks he's a rapper or something, and then there's the gay family, two men who just adopted a baby...Not the typical in your face stereotypical humor...It's really smart and makes fun of everyone while showing everyone in their best light too.

When: Wed. at 9:00 p.m. on ABC



Show: Numbers
Why I Watch: Got tired of Law and Order. This show is smart and I'm all into coincidence's and numbers and how they can effect our day to day lives. The cast is diverse, the writing is clever and you never know how the show will end...and it's full of moral issues...the characters are really interesting and well rounded.

When: Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CBS


Not watching much HGTV...it's boring...all the shows are about selling or buying a house...UGH! I just want to see how people live in their homes...Mini and I still watch our favorite, SURVIVOR, just on demand...

You May Also Like

0 comments

Live the life you dream about...I dare you.

Follow Me On Instagram