What's for dinner...

by - June 04, 2013


I posted pics of my turkey wings on Instagram (follow me) this past sunday and promised a recipe post here on the blog...so, here it is...

It is soooo easy to make and sooo good!

First, I bought just two whole turkey wings...just enough for me and Mini...we hate leftovers.
Now, I find turkey wings to be a little gamey...so I soak them in a little vinegar and water...I cover them with this mixture and place them in the fridge for about an hour.


Remove them from the fridge, drain of all liquid and dry them well with a paper towel.
Next, cover the wings with olive oil...salt...& pepper...use your hand...rub it in.
Put them in an oven proof dish...
I like to add sliced red onions (1 whole)  (I'll tell you why later ) and chopped garlic (4 clove)...and spread it over the meat.

...Now, pour a 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of the pan...and cover with foil.
This will create a nice steam environment for your meat...making it extra tender.
Turn your oven up to 425 degrees and cook the meat covered for about 30 minutes...



Next, turn the oven down to 350 degrees...uncover your meat...and cook for another 30 minutes.

 

Next, get your favorite bottle of bar-b-que sauce and pour the entire bottle over the meat...
Place it back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so...until the sauce is heated.


Remove from the oven and let it rest for at least 15 minutes...Meat so tender, it falls off the bone.


...and chow down...I roasted some green beans since the oven was already on and made a couple of biscuits...


Oh yeah, remember when I told you I love to use sliced red onions...that's because they make the best sauce when baked in bar-b-que sauce...perfect for dipping my biscuits in...YUM!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I will have to try this, but I will use chicken wings, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Live the life you dream about...I dare you.

Follow Me On Instagram