My Muse and the best $6.99 find ever

by - April 22, 2013

So, Mini's school is doing a performance of "GREASE".  

One of my favorite movies of all time.

...and yes, I had pictures of John Travolta on my wall as a kid..."don't judge".

Mini has a small part in the play...mostly singing and dancing...but, she needed a 50's style dress for one of the scenes.
If you follow me on Instagram you already know that I thought I found the perfect dress at the thrift store today...Not!  The dress was perfect, but it didn't have a price tag so they wouldn't sell it to me...WTF!?!?

UGH!

So...I stopped by my other secret spot as I walked to the car fuming...

and what did I find...but the perfect dress and for just $6.99.

The moral of this story...don't get mad when you don't get something you think you really want...cause, something better is waiting just around the corner...

I couldn't help but take tons of photos of Mini in the dress...one, because I need to practice my photography skills and two, the dress had to be cut...to calf length...remember we are going for a 1950's look.











 cut, cut, cut...

 I'll hem it tomorrow...

I'll use the extra fabric to make bows for all the girls in the cast to wear in their hair...crafty mom...

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. She is such a pretty young lady! Great deal on the beautiful dress! I know you will "hook it UP"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! That's happened to me multiple times. I've gotten lucky a few times but the last time I wanted an un-priced leather anorak jacket I think they got annoyed and priced it for $35 just because I asked. Moral of the story is right.
    I'm so excited to see how this dress turns out. It's perfect for Grease too!

    ReplyDelete

Live the life you dream about...I dare you.

Follow Me On Instagram