I EAT - Shrimp and Grits

by - March 22, 2013



Quick post about breakfast...not just any breakfast.

...an easy shrimp and grits breakfast.

While walking thru BJ's the other day...I picked up a bag of jumbo frozen shrimp...yum.

...I love shrimp...and I love shrimp with grits.

...take me out for breakfast and that's what I want...

...now that doesn't happen often 

...so I had to come up with my own recipe to get my fix.

It's really simple.

Serves 2


SHRIMP AND GRITS

6 to 8 jumbo shrimp/cleaned/shelled/tail-off/de-vained
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 tbls of olive oil
2 tbls of grated parmesan cheese
1 tbls of butter
1 tsp oregano
salt & pepper to taste

Place olive oil into a hot skillet.
add chopped garlic
add oregano
add butter
add shrimp and saute until pink (about 3 min)
add salt and pepper
turn off pan
add grated parmesan cheese 
and toss
Pour shrimp and sauce over grits and enjoy!




You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Yes girl that is a very good meal. You know I love my shrimp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea that is one of my fave go to meals. I am a southern gal!!! My son can't eat shrimp so when I have a bag of shrimp I will grab a handful and throw them in a saute pan with, garlic, butter and olive oil with quickness for a quick delicious meal. The only thing I add different is Old Bay seasoning on the shrimp....heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the old bay tip...gotta try that...

      Delete
    2. thanks for the old bay tip...gotta try that...

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you could have shrimp with grits...this changes my whole life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why I'm here Sean...changing lives one post at a time...lol.

      Delete

Live the life you dream about...I dare you.

Follow Me On Instagram