by - September 20, 2011


The good people over at Penguin Press publishing sent me a copy of this book: Killer Stuff and Tons of Money - Someone one there follows the blog and thought I may find it interesting...and they were right.  Even though I haven't read the entire book yet...I have learned so much from what I've read so far.  It's non-fiction and the author, Maureen Stanton follows antique collectors all over the country to various flea markets, estate sales and auction houses as the collectors search for that piece that will make them a fortune.  Sound familiar?  I'm learning what to buy, how to price and where to sell for profit.  Looks like I should really be selling on Ebay...hum?

read more about it HERE.



...while running errands yesterday I stopped to take a peek in my local thrift store and found this...UGH! I don't need another chair...we all know this.  But, how could I leave it?  The store was practically giving it to me...and if I didn't save it, it would probably end up in someone's home covered in crayons...and after reading, Killer Stuff and Tons of Money, I know it has real value...Soooo, I bought it home with me...I bought the pillow too.  I know, I know...but, they looked so happy together.

Check out what they're selling for...here.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. That chair has a very african feel to it. I love it. I was researching some stuff online because I like African stuff. I found out that an author Sharne Algotson is now creating some of her own furniture pieces. She started out like you consulting people on designs. As if you don't already have enough to do, you could design your own chairs based on this one. She hired a wood designer and did the sketchings for them. I imagine there are some students in college woodshop who would be up to the challenge...I like brainstorming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Sandra, your the best...I was just thinking the same thing. I have had one of Sharne Alogtson's book for years...It's my fav...and I believe she was a designer for IKEA when it first came to the US...so yeah...I would love to follow in her footsteps...

    ReplyDelete

Live the life you dream about...I dare you.

Follow Me On Instagram